- Functional cookies;
- Analytical cookies;
- Advertising cookies;
- Social media cookies.
Functional cookiesThese cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the website(s) of Topec and use the website’s functions, such as accessing protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible. We might use these cookies for:
- Authentication of users for a secured login;
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing;
- Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t have to fill in all your details repeatedly;
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order;
- Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc;
- Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details;
- Reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
- Locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts;
- Loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible;
- Offering the option of storing log-in details so that you don’t have to enter them every time;
- Making it possible to place a reaction on our website.
Analytical cookiesThese cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our websites, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals. We might use these cookies for:
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages;
- Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages;
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website;
- Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved;
- Optimizing the website.
- Ensuring we have a “Processing Contract” with Google;
- Activating in Google Analytics the IP addresses anonymization;
- Ensuring sharing of data with Google will not take place.
Advertising cookiesOur aim is to provide visitors to our website with information that is as relevant as possible to them. We therefore endeavor to adapt our site as much as possible to every visitor. We do this not only through the content of our website, but also through the advertisements shown. To make it possible for these adaptations to be carried out, we try to acquire a picture of your likely interests on the basis of the websites of Topec that you visit in order to develop a segmented profile. Based on these interests, we then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various groups of customers. We might use these cookies for:
- keeping track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones;
- keeping track of how many visitors click on the advertisement;
- keep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement;
- the websites recording your visit and, as a result assessing your interests;
- checking to see if you have clicked on an advertisement;
- information about your surfing behavior to be passed to other websites;
- using third-party services to show you advertisements;
- displaying more interesting advertisements on the basis of your social media usage.
Social Media cookiesThe articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognize you when you wish to share an article or video. These cookies make it possible for:
- logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly.