SCHOTTEL GmbH has selected Topec for the development and engineering of the diesel engine that provides the power for the mobile propeller, at SCHOTTEL known as the ‘Navigator’ (NAV). Basically, the Navigator is a very large outboard engine, or a flexible, modular-built standard solution that gives the ship a maximum manoeuvrability’.
These units were designed and delivered with special designed drop-over acoustic- isolation enclosures for their diesel engines. These casings offer a number of specific benefits, including:
- Sleek design and stainless-steel fittings
- Relatively small size
- High-quality materials
- High-quality construction
- Standard construction, but flexible
- Integrated exhaust damper
- Connections for fuel and cooling at rear
- Effective noise damping
- Easy access
- Maintenance friendly
- Meet class GL, ABS and DNV
If you would like more information about this specific type of solutions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.